Agfa has expanded its Arkitex workflow offering for newspapers and added two high speed platesetters.
The company has been demonstrating new workflow features it says will increase productivity, reduce costs, increase quality and help give newspaper printers and publishers a competitive edge.
Global software director Andy Grant says the developments demonstrate Agfa Graphics’ commitment to the newspaper market around the world.
The Arkitex suite products include:
• Eversify to automate mobile publishing via a cloud-based system;
• Portal enhanced with single layer colour-managed soft proofing, with page position indicators and annotations;
• Director including the ability to display soft-proofs as a flip-book and ad stitching;
• PressRegister to correct press-ready TIFF bitmaps for press mis-registrations;
• Veripress to check a publication right at the press console with a combination of a high-quality display and a touch screen; and
• Quality with OptiColor for automated color transformation and ink saving.
The Advantage N PL HS (for pallet load, high-speed) and N TR HS (trolley load) run at up to 350 plates per hour, 50 plates more than the Advantage N.
Grant says the N PL HS is a completely new design, able to hold up to 6000 plates in two pallets. The system preseparates plates and slip sheets in the stack before loading, avcoiding plate and paper jams.
The N TR HS uses a trolley to transport plates from safelight environment to the platesetter.